Family Owned and Operated, Stellar Care has been working with State and Local Infection Control Authorities to develop and implement best practices in infection management to overcome challenges posed by Covid-19. These internal and external best practices have been found to be highly effective with our community and are now being recommended by the Local Authority to other Assisted Living Communities throughout San Diego County.
Infection Management Best Practices
Here are actions taken thus far:
- Stellar care invested in systems that produce a non-toxic EPA approved Enhanced Disinfectant solution used to regularly disinfect throughout the building
- Secured an inventory of hospital-grade Personal Protective Equipment used when caring for our residents
- Worked closely with the San Diego County Department of Public Health, California State Department of Public Health and State Licensing Department to create specialized training with shared information and continue to be the “squeaky wheel” to ensure continued support from our public entities.
- Widespread testing – When the availability of testing was extremely limited, Stellar Care management paid privately to implement widespread testing for the entire community (all residents and staff)
- Residents and staff given access to testing with a nurse on staff to administer the tests
- Require new residents or residents taken out of the building to be tested and isolated until test results are negative
- All staff tested regularly on a rotating basis – In addition, anyone with reported symptoms must stay home, receive a test and have a negative test prior to return
- Stellar Care strictly enforces the CDC recommended wellness screening protocols for all staff and essential visitors
Safe Family Visits and Socialization
Per the CDC, loneliness and social isolation in older adults are serious public health risks affecting a significant number of people that can lead to a myriad of mental and physical ailments. Stellar Care has implemented safe socialization methods by doing the following:
- Onsite Family Visits facilitated in an outside private patio, socially distanced with refreshments and with staff support
- Frequent phone and video calls using a variety of current technology
- Communal Dining and Activities with social distancing and with smaller groups